Responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist are to perform HR related duties at a professional level and work closely with senior human resources management in supporting the organization. As a Generalist, this position performs activities in the multiple HR functional areas, including but not limited to payroll, benefits, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, reporting, and all functions within the HRIS Paylocity system.
Candidate must have experience with HRIS Paylocity system.
1. A bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ human resource experience
2. Excellent computer proficiency skills with experience in MS Office products is required.
3. PHR or SHRM – CP or SHRM SCP certification is preferred.
4. Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
5. Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written.
6. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
7. Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations.
8. Experience administering employee benefit plans and compensation plans.
9. Proficient in Paylocity Software
1. Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel;
2. Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare, maintain and distribute employee handbook and reviews policies and procedures with staff and management as necessary.
3. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and completes reports to monitor progress.
4. Administers payroll and monitor the performance evaluations as necessary.
a. Effectively administer and run Paylocity and use each module accordingly.
b. Review data prior to processing to ensure that the data is accurate, including direct deposits, deductions, and salary info.
c. Process payroll biweekly and reconcile information in tandem with the Finance Department.
d. Add/delete employees and offer assistance to enroll them if needed.
5. Performs benefits administration which involves enrollment into plans, resolution of discrepancies, any change reporting, and developing communication for any benefit information to employees. Including processing 401K loans/ hardship withdrawals and appropriately processing required paperwork. As necessary process STD and LTD claim and follow up with carriers as required. Responsible for Workers Comp. compliance including notification posters, reporting requirements, annual audit, and census.
6. Responsible for administering benefits and leave for personnel including but not limited to; FMLA, SNLA, Domestic Abuse, etc. Monitor and track recertification’s, 12-month rolling calendar, work with supervisors/managers to ensure compliance of the laws.
7. Develops and maintain affirmative action documentation including preparation for EEO-1 report annually;
8. Schedules benefit meetings with new hires monthly;
a. Collect enrollment paperwork and scan then email to TPA, currently HUB
b. Document benefits deductions in payroll
c. Explain benefits to employees and help with questions, claims, etc.
d. Complete census info as required for renewals, 401K, other requested parties.
9. Maintain and update personnel records, develop and maintain integral data in Paylocity and personnel files.
10. Tracks attendance daily using Paylocity and submit monthly reports to supervisors and management. Track and monitor P.T.O. time for all employees. Approve the Compliance Department and Marketing Coordinator timecards.
11. Supervise, train, evaluate, and support the HR Assistant in their role ensuring that all company events and support are offered to prepare and assist with company events including TRACK Points, Invitations to events, Annual Service Awards at QISM luncheons, Monthly Birthday Celebrations, and A.R.F. compliments, etc.
12. Participates in regular staff meetings and attends professional development programs such as HR Roundtables, and/or seminars to stay up to date with HR trends.
13. Recommends new approaches or systems to improve efficiencies within the HR department and services performed.
14. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as required. Assists in responding to report requests for HR such as salary, job titles, bonus compensation, etc.
25. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
26. Other duties as assigned.Apply Now!