The Receptionist provides administrative/ clerical support for a LOCAL DC office.
The primary over-riding duty of the Receptionist is to provide administrative/clerical to support all facets of the operations of this office in serving consumers.
Job duties must be performed consistently in a helpful and pleasant manner.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, and provide accurate information to callers.
- Document and relay any messages. Inform all employees of consumer arrival for an appointment.
- Serve as Receptionist to the office by greeting & welcoming all consumers, visitors, and staff. Direct consumers and visitors to the appropriate person in a pleasant & helpful manner.
- Verify consumers address and assist in redirecting consumers when in the lobby area.
- Respond to any inquiries or information from consumers and visitors.
- Provide the best possible response given all circumstances.
- Perform general clerical support to include but not limited to: typing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain Copy room, keep machines filled with paper. Clear paper jams when they occur. Remove faxes from the copier and put in appropriate mailboxes
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other deliveries to the office.
Schedule appointments/maintain appointment diary for Psychiatrist and Out-Patient Therapist(s). Assist doctor as necessary.
- Manage to schedule and assist in setting up and organizing meetings as requested for the Large Conference Room.
- Maintain both reception areas, keeping them neat, clean, and in an organized, pleasant manner.
- Check eCura daily for new CBI referrals.
- Serve as back-up to Authorization Specialist to include: accurate data entry of MCO and MHRS authorizations into eCura and Caseworks, email notification to all staff of newly entered authorizations.
- Verify each MCO consumer’s insurance is current and accurate, collect & receipt co-pays prior to appointments.
- Complete New Admission phone screenings, accompanying documents, scheduling and assist with new admission documents when necessary.
- Contact all scheduled appointments with reminder calls 24hrs before the appointment, and reschedule as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the operations of the LOCAL office.
- Required Qualifications:
- An Associates degree in Applied Science (AAS) in Administrative Support, preferably Medical Administrative Support with one year experience; or high school diploma or equivalent with at least 3-5 Years of experience in a medical office as a receptionist.