We are looking for an HR Employment Administrative Assistant.
The position is 20 hours per week. The hours are 1:00-5:00 PM.
Under the supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, the HR Employment Administrative Assistant will facilitate the daily operations of an efficient and professional HR front office and provide administrative support in the areas of Talent Acquisition. Perform a variety of complex and specialized functions including but not limited to:
- Assists with the management of the HR applicant tracking system, review and revise job descriptions, welcome letters, and correspondence for candidates and new employees
- Provide information, guidance and discuss employment opportunities and application procedures with prospective employees
- Review and screen resumes, applications and EEO data to create candidate and search profiles to certify searches
- Maintain and update talent acquisition and onboarding documents
- Serve as a resource for staff & faculty searches- arrange search committees and assign search chair & committee members in the applicant tracking system
- Assist with the development of training materials and programs to enhance recruiting and hiring processes
- Assist with the processing of new hires and support search chairs and committee members to ensure compliance with completion and submittal of appropriate documents. Closeout searches effectively and appropriately.
- Maintain staff calendars, schedule interviews, and coordinate HR Benefits Briefings as appropriate
- Assist with the vetting of temporary employees in collaboration with search firms and employment agencies
- Coordinate and schedule pre-employment physicals, background checks and other types of evaluations and assessments as appropriate
- Support HR Department communications and prepare professional-quality electronic and hard copy materials, including letters & reports, print advertisement & web materials, presentations, brochures and flyers
- Assist with the creation of multimedia advertisements and resources for print and online venues, meeting deadlines, etc. to ensure the success of our Talent Acquisition strategy
- Maintain, update and create multimedia resources for distribution to jobs boards, print advertising (newspaper, EEO magazines, journals) professional associations, recruitment agencies, career centers, colleges & universities, HBCU’s & HSI’s, social media and other diverse venues to attract talent
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant HR experience
Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent written and verbal communications
Organized and detail-oriented
Able to set priorities, seek out answers and generate ideas, and show adaptability and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
Excellent understanding of the significance of confidentiality and discretion in managing sensitive and confidential information and documents relating to employees and students
Able to work well independently but also as part of a team
Excellent time-management and process improvement skills